Last year we ordered white shirts to keep our costs down and spent around $1400. I have heard from many folks from other churches who are amazed that we give away our VBS shirts. Most everyone else charges for their shirts.
We got our shirts from Luckie Graphics here in Wetumpka last year because I decided we should support local businesses instead of going to Montgomery. The owner was wonderful to work with last year...a real gem. Last week I drove by their shop and saw a sign out front that made me cringe: New Owner, Under New Management. Ruh-roh, I thought. There goes our deal on changing out our dates on our banners. After a few days, I decided to stop by and check them out.
Then, God got my attention and reminded me just how great he is.
The new owner, Susan Guy, was a peppy, sweet Christian woman who informed me that the Lord brought this business to her and that, for ministries, she only charges her cost.
Our shirts are going to be great. They will be lime green with a 5-color picture of the Power Lab graphic (as shown on right) on the front, along with our church information. We will get this all for less than $2000.
Yay, God!
No comments:
Post a Comment