Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day 5 complete!

Get up and tell the world about Jesus! That is what we left our kids with tonight on our last night of Power Lab VBS. I pray that all of the kids left with an excitement for the Gospel and for living it out in their actions, including telling others. I think we had around 117 children tonight and have no clue how many volunteers.
I pray that all of the children that came to VBS will come back tomorrow night with their families for our closing PowerLab Celebration Program.

We ended the night with the results from our Camp Discovery Missions offering. Thank you to all of the adults who so willingly stuff our kids pockets and give them the opportunity to give. We made the offering a fun competition, but I do hope that all of the kids and adults understand that our offering is our opportunity to give back to God for what He has so richly blessed us with. That being said, last nights reveal showed that $1007 was collected to help send 6 children from inner-city Mobile to Camp Discovery at Blue Lake this summer! Of course, it also showed that I was the chosen one to be slimed! I cannot wait...and I hope to have someone join me in the sliming tomorrow night after the parents get their opportunity to try to match the children's offerings.

Several of our volunteers have been taking pictures all week and I plan to put together a slide show to play tomorrow night during the hot dog picnic in Carter Hall.

Thank you all for your help and support this week. It was a great week and one that I will not soon forget! But, it is not over yet. Everyone come on out tomorrow night for our grand finale. Please have your children in the craft rooms behind the Worship Center by 5:45 PM so they can line up to be ready for the program that will start at 6 PM. The children have worked hard this week to learn these songs that I hope will help keep the Bible Points in their heads and hearts for years to come.

No comments: