Tonight was the closing PowerLab Celebration Program and I have to say it was a night I will not soon forget. The children shared the songs they learned this week that I hope will help them to remember how powerful God can be in their lives. Will did a wonderful job with the children, leading them and really getting into the motions. Brent was the best Professor Wilbur around, I am sure. I kind of think Craig and Mark enjoy being CC and MJ a little too much, don't you agree? Many thanks to Casey, Kim, and Carolyn for keeping the children occupied and ready until it was time for them to enter the stage. I apologize if I am forgetting people, which I am certain I am. I also want to thank Anne, Nacole, Trip and Rebecca for helping with the final part of the program...the sliming. I think.
Ah, yes, the sliming. At the end of the program, Anne revealed the final offering count for the week, including (1) the offering of the children, (2) the offering of a donor who agreed to match the children's offering if all four slime candidates agreed to be slimed, and (3) the parent's offering. The grand total was $2,560 which will pay for 16 children to go to Discovery Camp this summer. Even though that slime was ooey, gooey, sticky and cold...it was worth it to be able to be a part of giving a child the opportunity to let Jesus be the Lord and Saviour of their life. Many thanks to Jenny Dean, Will Reese, and Brent Speer for joining me in the sliming...in the baby pools...on the stage of the Worship Center...in front off all those people, forever remembered in photographs and videos. Perhaps someone will send me some of those photos so I can post them here because I didn't get any pictures since I WAS GETTING SLIMED!
Yes, it was yet another successful and fun week of Vacation Bible School at the Mulder Church. We had 160 children and 144 volunteers grace our halls this week during PowerLab. I need to stop being surprised with all the help I get from the congregation (and community) during VBS. It is a great place to be to have a good time learning about our awesome God!
But, it isn't the end...just the beginning of planning for next year's VBS!
Friday, June 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment