Monday, June 9, 2008

Day Two Complete!


Well we made it thru day 2! Day 2 went very smoothly thanks to all the wonderful volunteers who showed up to help. We had 135 children and 117 workers! AHA! I was able to make it to a few more stations tonight to see all the fun the children were having. I was amazed at how quiet and under control the preschoolers were at their Wacky Works crafts tonight. Miss Valerie and Miss Sandy have some amazing powers in that room! The Preschoolers are doing very very well and seem to be having a wonderful time. Professor Squeaky Beaker (aka Miss Anne) definitely has her Lab under control.

On night 2 we learned that Jesus gives us the Power to help others! AHA! We learned Romans 12:13 "When God's people are in need, be ready to help them." We also learned that Jesus gave sight to a blind man. One of the favorite songs of the night was Amazing Grace...the souped up version! I hope and pray that our kids are starting to make connections between all aspects of worship. They may not realize how it all ties in, but by constantly repeating our Bible point, learning a Bible verse, plus hearing the powerful stories from the Bible about the great things Jesus has done will help bring it together for them. I hope that these things all work together as they form relationships with their Saviour. And for those that don't yet know Christ as their Lord and Saviour, I pray that everyday these things are seeds that are planted in their hearts.

I am really looking forward to Tuesday night as we seem to have worked out most of the kinks.

The children seem to be excited about our mission project. Well, they may actually be a little more excited about HOW we are raising money to support the project. We have 4 large water bottles on the stage steps -- one for each of four candidates: Jenny D., Will R., Brent S. (aka Professor Wilbur), and yours truly. The children are choosing who gets SLIMED based upon which water bottle gets the most money. I am a bit concerned, as a certain someone wrote a large check and dropped it in my water bottle!! But, Jenny D. seems to have a marketing strategy to ensure she gets slimed. Go figure. ;)

If you are working at VBS, THANK YOU! Everyone is doing a great job. If you are not working, stop by and see what is going on.

No comments: