Day 3 is under our belt and I would have to say it was a success! We had two very special visitors tonight during Sonic Sing and Play. Professor Wilbur was busy in his lab tonight, so Special Agents, err, I mean Associate Professors CC and MJ showed up and helped the children to learn how Jesus gives us the power to be brave. AHA! We learned that Jesus gave Peter the courage to walk on water. But, what happened when Peter took His eyes off of Jesus? He sank...just like we do when we take our eyes off of Jesus. Aren't you thankful that He never let go of you! I know I am.
We had 128 children and 120 workers tonight! AHA! For the past few years, Day 3 has always been our least-attended night and this year continued that pattern. We are so blessed to have so many people who want to come out and help during VBS. I am told this is not the case at all churches.

Bible blast looked like a blast and Dan is doing an incredible job telling the story every night. I love that the children don't just hear a Bible Story, they participate in it as well.
We are still encouraging the children to choose a slime candidate with their mission offerings. Tonight, Desi assisted me in garnishing more support to be slimed. I am determined to beat out Jenny for this honor. I have always wanted green slime oozing down my chin.
Thank you for your continued support and prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment